Who’s behind that all
There are two very truthful and easy answers to this simple question:
The real answer:
We are a bunch of crazy people, craving for adventure and yearning for fresh breezes, pirate songs and cold water splashes in our face!
The official answer:
The idea for Floßrennen 2016 was born at one of our monthly meetings of Viva con Agua Cottbus. We have been busy organizing cultural projects, activities and festivals in the region of Cottbus, while addressing the problem water scarcity and the basic right of every human being for an access to clean water and sanitational facilities. The Floßrennen is our newest project, which will raise money for water, sanitation and hygiene projects of the NGO Welthungerhilfe in Ethiopia, India, Uganda and Nepal!
Our whole Viva con Agua Cottbus Crew is working behind the scenes, building, organizing and planing the Floßrennen in their free-time and getting ready to compete with you in the race for the title!
where are we racing
rules and order of events
WE TREAT EVERY PERSON AND THE NATURAL SURROUNDINGS WITH RESPECT, NOT ONLY DURING FLOSSRENNEN.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RACIST, SEXIST OR HOMOPHOBIC STATEMENTS.
THE SPREE AND ITS SURROUNDING SHOULD BE IN THE SAME STATE AFTER THE RACE, AS THEY WERE BEFORE THE RACE.
ALL THESE RULES SHOULD BE OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE TAKING PART IN FLOSSRENNEN.
Be aware of your own safety, but also of your raft crew and other participants.
- Life jackets are recommended.
- Do not consume alcohol during the race.
- Don’t overestimate your captain skills, rather leave a rapid out and carry around it.
- Take a good look at the potentially difficult stages of the race (f.e. dams) in advance!
Fair-Play is the most important aspect of Floßrennen.
- Honesty always prevails at the end and Floßrennen is based upon the fact, that nobody cheats – so don’t cheat, be real!
- If you reach a spot second where another team is already taking a raft out of the water or putting it in, let them do this and wait your turn.
- Communicate with other teams, in this way you can avoid dangerous situations and create a good atmosphere between contestants.
- Treat the wonderful environment of the Spree with respect and take your garbage with you and throw it into the bin.
- The riverside and bushes along the water are nature conservation area, so please try to harm these habitats as little as possible.
- the bottom of the Spree is also a habitat for many animals so please don’t use long sticks or poles to navigate your raft
In the main focus: Having fun and experiencing an adventure together!
Though our Race is about Time, you can catch some Extrapoints with little tasks like:
- collecting trash from the Spree-River
- solving a little Riddle on the way
- amazing Design
composition of Points:
- with 20 Teams, the Raft with the shortest Racetime wil get 20 points. The second raft gets 19 points and so on.
- if the Team can present some collected trash, it will get 3 extrapoints
- a solved Riddle will get you also 3 extrapoints
- The raft with the best design (decided by a Jury or spectators) will get again 3 extrapoints
we don´t want a trafficjam on the river, so the rafts start in groups of 3 every 15 minutes
- Your raft should be able to carry two to four crew members, depending on your team size.
- Please preferably use recycling material to build your raft.
- Maximum width should not exceed two meters.
- The recommended depth of the raft in water max. 30 cm.
- No motors allowed (petrol or electronic motor).
- Every raft needs at least two paddles on board and max. one paddle per person.
- Your raft should not have any loose or other parts, which could break of during the race.
- Don’t use any toxic materials, other water soluble substances or colors.
- Remember – you must be able to transport your raft on land! Keep this in mind and make your raft as light as possible or think of a creative method of transportation, which works on concreate, as well as on a dirt path. :)
- Don’t forget, that creativity and style will be rewarded in form of eterna respect and extra points for the race ranking!
- 11:00 Race start in Neuhausen
- 14:00 first raft is expected at Strombad + (small DIY Rafttinkering, livestream, tabletennis, tablekicker etc.)
- 18:00 last raft is expected at Strombad
- 20:00 presentation ceremony
- 21:00 Akustik concert
- 22:00 begin of the Aftershowparty
Teams of 2018
--- --- --- --- --- Melanie (22) Wir sind ein paar Matrosen die Lust auf Abenteuer, kühle Seeluft, natürlich leckeres Bier und das ein oder andere Seemannslied haben. Mit uns ist nicht zu spaßen ihr Landratten No messages sent yet...
Wir sind ein paar Matrosen die Lust auf Abenteuer, kühle Seeluft, natürlich leckeres Bier und das ein oder andere Seemannslied haben. Mit uns ist nicht zu spaßen ihr Landratten
No messages sent yet...
Donations for Viva con Agua
How does it work?
You want to support a team and the projects of Viva con Agua? Way to go, thats awesome!
The next steps are not very difficult – choose your team from the menu here and become a team sponsor with a click on “next” to be redirected to a betterplace-page.
What’s betterplace? It’s a donation platform, that organizes all the money-transfer issue for us – and the best thing: it’s absolutely safe and works for social projects on the whole world!
From there it’s just a few clicks to support your team and the projects and get a big THUMBS UP from us and Viva con Agua!
You are joining the race? Awesome! :-)
Now it’s the time to find donators – nothing easier than that! Just ask your family, friends, job, the persons sitting next to you in the bus,… if they want to support you and your team and help us raising money for Viva con Agua. Tell them something about the race, the organization, why we do it, why it’s a cool thing to do?
If they want, they can follow the steps and become your sponsor ! (what the heck is that? just click the right tab).
Choose a team. Fill out the form for our homepage Finish
Choose a team.
Fill out the form for our homepage