Floßrennen is coming up soon in Göttingen on 4th of June at the Kiessee.
What is Flossrennen? It’s a raft race to create awareness of water issues all around the world. It’s the goal oft the race to have fun and collect some donations for Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli e.V. (visit: vivaconagua.org)
You are interested in building your own raft and participate in the race?
The registration fee is 20 Euros.
where are we racing
Be aware of your own safety, but also of your raft crew and other participants.
- Life jackets are recommended.
- Do not consume alcohol during the race.
- Honesty always prevails at the end and Floßrennen is based upon the fact, that nobody cheats – so don’t cheat, be real!
- Communicate with other teams, in this way you can avoid dangerous situations and create a good atmosphere between contestants.
- Treat the wonderful environment of the Kiessee with respect and take your garbage with you and throw it into the bin.
- The lakeside and bushes along the water are nature conservation area, so please try to harm these habitats as little as possible.
- the bottom of the Kiessee is also a habitat for many animals so please don’t use long sticks or poles to navigate your raft.
In the main focus: Having fun and experiencing an adventure together!
- Our race is about time, the fastest team to cross the finishing line wins.
- In the race there will be two stages: the group stage followed by the knockout stage. Depending how many teams participate the size of the groups may vary.
- Remember to follow the behaviour rules during the race.
- The raft should be suitable for 2 to 4 people
- Try to use recycling materials for the construction.
- Maximum width is 2 meters .
- Recommended draft is maximum 30cm.
- It’s not allowed to use any motors such as petrol or electronic
- The rafts should not be run by wind power.
- You need to have at least two paddles on board.
- No loose parts which could get lost during the race are allowed.
- Please try to build your raft environmental friendly and disclaim to use any lacquer or other toxic water soluble materials.
- You need to be able to move your raft out of the water during the races. So notice to build a light raft or use a disassemble function
- Notice that you need to transport the raft to the starting point.
- Creative and a particularly environmentally friendly rafts are rewarded!
Teams of 2018
Aus technischen Gründen läuft die Anmeldung in diesem Jahr per Mail. Bitte sendet euren Teamnamen, die Namen und Mailadressen der Teammitglieder und eine Telefonnummer an: gro.auganocavivnull@nennerssolf
Dann nurnoch vor Ort die Teilnahmegebühr von 20 € bezahlen und schon kann es losgehen.
Donations for Viva con Agua
Donations for Viva con Agua
How does it work?
You want to support a team and the projects of Viva con Agua? Way to go, thats awesome!
The next steps are not very difficult – choose your team from the menu here and become a team sponsor with a click on “next” to be redirected to a betterplace-page.
What’s betterplace? It’s a donation platform, that organizes all the money-transfer issue for us – and the best thing: it’s absolutely safe and works for social projects on the whole world!
From there it’s just a few clicks to support your team and the projects and get a big THUMBS UP from us and Viva con Agua!
You are joining the race? Awesome! :-)
Now it’s the time to find donators – nothing easier than that! Just ask your family, friends, job, the persons sitting next to you in the bus,… if they want to support you and your team and help us raising money for Viva con Agua. Tell them something about the race, the organization, why we do it, why it’s a cool thing to do?
If they want, they can follow the steps and become your sponsor ! (what the heck is that? just click the right tab).
Choose a team. Fill out the form for our homepage Finish
Choose your team and click "next ".
You will be sent to our partner Betterplace - there you can choose the amount of your donation for your team and of the donation for our partner betterplace (you don't have to donate for them as well!)
Afterwords you have to enter your account details for the donation. After that you will be redirected to our homepage where you just have to fill in the form for our homepage to finish your donation. Here you can leave a message for the team!
Keep in mind there are several sponsors but only one TeamOwner per team - the first who donates at least 100€ becomes TeamOwner and can place a picture or logo and an URL to the team profile.
Choose a team.
Fill out the form for our homepage